Software Quality Engineering Lead
Seattle Metro Area / Remote
At Aiberry (www.aiberry.io), our top priority is to leverage deep tech to redefine mental healthcare and make it accessible for all. We are a passionate, mission-driven, and diverse team working together to develop highly impactful tools that empower patients and providers to assess and manage mental health effectively and efficiently.
Our disruptive solution leverages the power of artificial intelligence to analyzes audiovisual markers to detect depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, and other mental health conditions. Our technology is based on over 20 years of research conducted by our Co-founder and Chief Scientist Dr. Newton Howard, a world-renowned expert in computational and cognitive sciences.
If you are an exceptional engineer who is passionate about leveraging deep tech to make a difference in people’s lives, we welcome you to apply and join our team.
Aiberry is on the lookout for our software quality engineering lead. With our app launching publicly in health care settings around the country, this pivotal role will be critical to the success of our maturing application and team.
This role is for an experienced quality engineering leader who seeks to be on the cutting-edge of digital health and AI, and who will be comfortable in a fast-paced start-up. The primary focus will be to define and establish end-to-end quality practices and processes. Drive change, constant improvement, and innovation around quality assurance with focus on automation, security, experience and performance.
You will be working with our candid and collaborative team, where your knowledge and advice about quality engineering and quality assurance will be highly appreciated. We are looking for a hands-on leader who can drive this area and grow a high performing team.
We are a mission-driven team looking for technical leaders who want to make a big impact in the mental health industry and in people’s lives.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, product managers, AI researchers and health care professionals to deliver high-quality, high-security, high-usability, and high-performance solutions
- Define roadmaps for test methodologies, processes and automation. Lead the implementation of robust test automation frameworks and best practices
- Present E2E validation strategies to cross functional teams
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, guaranteeing high-quality and a flawless end user experience.
- Prepare relevant documentations / guides
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Manager
- 5+ years of strong hands-on experience developing test automation frameworks and driving test automation efforts for SW apps
- Strong test experience with UI/UX testing and mobile applications
- Knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Technically Agile. Ready to deep dive into technical areas when needed but also discuss these topics to a non-technical audience
- Priority Driven. At ease working in a continually changing, dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution
- Customer Focused. Passionate about user-focused design, high-quality applications, and what we can do to improve it
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Creative self-starter with good problem-solving skills
- Experience with telehealth applications and HIPAA requirements
- Experience in an AWS based environment
- Experience with mobile application testing
- Team Builder. Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best QAEs
- Executive Presence
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Quality Engineering or a related field
Location and Compensation
- Preferred location: Seattle metro area / Remote work is ok.
- This is a contractor position with a potential future hire. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Aiberry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.